Friday, February 01, 2008

Really exciting post

I really feel like I should be writing some great posts about dramatic floods, political unrest or some such typical African story. However, both these events are happening a long way from here, and there is really very little to report from Pemba. Let’s see: Sebastian has started going to nursery with Joaquim and seems to enjoy it greatly. His latest words include no, pasta (that was yesterday), juice, and ‘bong” (any kind of bump or bounce). Joaquim is fine, and is learning to swim without armbands – at his instigation – at the hotel pool. He’s very proud of being able to swim a width unassisted, and so am I! (No, I can already swim widths, and indeed lengths, unassisted, I am proud of him.) It’s a bit of a doggy paddle, but it’s a good start. Paulo is busy with a number of projects, including the very start of our beach development: Chuiba Palms Beach Villas. Watch this space. Speaking of building: no, we’re not in yet, you don’t need to know more than that do you? And as for me, I’m throwing myself at my new job – Tourism Officer for the whole park and not just community-based tourism officer – with some late-come New Year’s enthusiasm.

Edge-of-your-seat stuff, I’m sure you’ll agree. I’ll try to make something up for next time, it’s got to be better than this. Toodle-pip.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're all well. so many projects and programmes on top of family stuff... don't know how you manage it.
P and I expecting baby in early July. Excited but bit nervous!
Emma x

 
At 11:06 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Emma, my computer died and with it all my email addresses: please send me an email so I can congratulate you properly. Great news!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home