Tuesday, November 13, 2007

M is for Mango

Looks like we’re in for a hot “summer”. Well, it’s always hot at this time of year, but this year it’s kicking in hard. On the other hand, and this is no scant consolation, it’s mango season again. I have already posted here about mangoes and how they fill me with joy (and my teeth with hairs), but really, is there anything more wonderful than that succulent orange flesh, tangy and sweet and juicy? And, as we’re going to spend Christmas here for the first time in 3 years, and the office will be closed for a week, I may have time to make mango jam this year. Mango jam is breathtakingly fantastic, and extremely easy to make, although I will need some help in keeping the boys away from the huge vat of bubbling sugar and fruit. In fact, I’m planning a very homely Christmas this year, and I need your help. I want biscuit/cookie recipes to which to apply my new star-shaped cookie cutters. I anticipate much fun with J and S (although perhaps I shall enjoy it the most) and then tins full of yummy golden biscuits. If someone sends me a good recipe that is. Please?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:21 pm, Blogger Nik said...

100 grams butter
200 grams sugar
300 flour
vanilla sugar
1 egg
a few spoons of water if needed

mix it all up
roll out
use cutters
put in oven for 15 minutes

it's great. believe me. we did it this afternoon.

 
At 11:53 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Great, thanks. Will try asap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home