Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Big week-end, vol. 2

So, while you lot were glued to the RW on TV, or perhaps amongst the cheering crowds of well-wishers (really? wow), we were preparing a party in Chuiba for some friends who were leaving Pemba for Guadeloupe via Paris. Turned into a rather big event, notable for one young lady almost severing her toe on a broken glass (although fortunately she was drunk enough not to feel the full impact), another young man splitting his head on the bottom of the pool (ibid), the bar almost completely running out of booze, apart from a few beers, and dancing until 6 in the morning. Even me. I don't think I've done that since I started having babies. Paulo and I were manning the bar, which is I think why I made it through, as the hours of 10-2 are a blurr of tequila slammers, double everythings, and red bull (that's what I was serving, not drinking, although I confess to a few tequilas). Bet it was better than Will and Kate's shindig.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becs
Been loving your blog. Great to see kids, looking adorable - sorry you have been dealing with sickness all alone... Am practically a single mum myself as Pete is always away filing.
We move to Addis end June - can you send me your new email address as I obviously tried your old one and it bounced. Mine is same as ever, via hotmail.
Loads of love
Emma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home