Thursday, December 11, 2008

Curtains

Like Gandalady, I have just received Joaquim's end of year report. Among other nice things, it says that "he is happy to perform before others". Well, that was not in evidence last night at his second end-of-year school play. Last year he was supposed to play a shark, refused to go on, and then sobbed inconsolably when he realised he had missed his chance. This year he was supposed to be the narrator, refused to go on, and was not particularly phased when his teacher had to step in. I suppose that's progress. It would seem he's just not cut out for the stage, but on the way home he recited his part perfectly.

Sebastian, however, participated gleefully. He was a monkey; how apt.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:41 pm, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Oh this reminds me of my naughty Nephews and their various forays on stage. NN2 still remembers fondly as a kindergartoner playing Papa Bear in that legendary theatre classic: The Three Bears And the Porridge Professors. He was a hit as a 5 year old but now as an 8 yr old he can't do a speech in front of his class because it's not cool. This is very irritating especially when his aunty spends hours helping him write and practise his speech.
thanks for your comment btw, appreciate it.

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger Jane Henry said...

Hi, Rebecca, I'm a blogging friend of Marie's. Your post made me laugh as I have spent YEARS going to these kind of events to watch my children underperform, but this year miraculously they all seem to have got with the programme, so it actually seems worth going! I did nearly shed a tear to watch my last ever infant nativity though, but then I thought back to the dire ones I've had to sit through and got a grip!

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Glad to know we are not the only ones!

 
At 10:08 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

My son is just terrible with stage. He is doing great at home but suffers from stage fright.

Its just great to leave them to be.

Keep well
Mbini

 

Post a Comment

<< Home