Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The plot thickens

As I'm not one to take these things lying down, I went to the department of roads and asked them to alter my car documents so that they say I have tinted windows. Which they cannot do because they are stick-on, not tinted glass, as verified by the polite young man who is dealing with me.

"OK, so the police say they must appear on my documents and you say they can't, what do I do?"
"Take them off," replies the young man.
"But I like them! They provide shade for my children. Is it illegal?"
"No, it's not illegal."
"Then I'm not going to take them off!"
"But then the police will hassle you."
"So can you put them on the documents?"
"No."

By then we are back in the office and I ask to see the Highway Code, to see what is says about tinted windows. My fine says I am in breach of article 38/3. Article 38/3, I discover, refers to the correct nomenclature for motorcycles under 50cc. I am appealing.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:47 pm, Blogger Nik said...

Chortle

 
At 3:27 am, Blogger Sandra said...

Hi there, I found your blog through someone else's, can't remember where LOL

Anyway, I was born in Mozambique and am now living in the United States. Can't wait to look through your blog and see more of my beautiful country.

Stop by my blog anytime :)

 
At 11:06 pm, Blogger Marie said...

Go sis! Bring em down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home