Friday, September 26, 2008

Birthday message

A little while ago my sister posted some unusually lyrical spam on her blog. I am likewise moved to post this message I received today:

Strait in a bag, and when it is boild, butter up several times in bed, and had begun to talk it doth anybody that is of lofty birth and the ? Well, yes... I was trying to
make a decision also he promised to supply me with two reliable.

Personally, I am all in favour of being buttered up several times in bed, though I'll skip the boil in the bag bit thanks, I'll take the two reliable whatever they ares, and as for being of lofty birth, I can honestly lay claim to only a small dash of loftiness in my otherwise very mixed heritage, and as far as I know my mother gave birth to me in UCH (35 years ago today) and not a treehouse or some other raised platform, although for all I know it may have been on the 5th floor. Does that count?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:13 pm, Blogger OvaGirl said...

lyrical spam? I love the very concept and shall now look on my Russian love letters with more empathy. I hope you have managed to sort out your motorcycle by the way. No wonder the police pulled you over with your tinted windows. (!)

 
At 1:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
I'm a travel magazine editor on my way to Pemba and Northern Mozambique in two weeks' time to write a story about the region for the magazine (budgettravel.com).
I'd love to hear your recommendations about places to visit and your perspective of the tourism industry in Mozambique.
I'm hoping you might contact me at my work email address (laura dot macneil at budgettravel dot com )
Thanks so much for sharing your daily experiences on your blog!
Best regards,
Laura MacNeil

 
At 10:03 am, Blogger Raúl said...

me gusta mucho tu blog lo visito a diario visita tu e mio y si t gusta deja un comentario y nos linkeamos los blogs

 
At 2:22 pm, Blogger Tooting bird said...

Happy birthday chum. 35! Hope the tinted window charges don't stick x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home