Friday, October 06, 2006

Links and 40 winks

Why don't my links work? I've followed the instructions to the letter. Can someone help please?

Yesterday was a bank holiday. We went to the beach. Joaquim is following in his grandfather's footsteps by refusing to wear a bathing costume. I don't mind, let him enjoy it while he can, but people here find it a bit odd. He spent ages in the water, practising "swimming" not very successfully (i.e. being rolled around by small waves on the water's edge) and was only lured out by the promise of ice-cream. Sensible child.

Sebastian is practising sitting up, not very successfully.

I am practising staying awake, not very successfully. Sebastian was up at 4.45 this morning, which is usually Joaquim's job. He slept in until 5.30, which would have been lovely if Sebastian had not been awake. How my standards have fallen. A lie-in used to be something that happened between 10am and midday, if I make it to 6 these days I feel lucky. When I turned 33 last week someone asked me if I felt any different. I said "This year I feel much older". Bless 'em, I love them to bits but they don't half wear me out.

4 Comments:

At 12:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason your lionks aren't working is that each one is prefixed with your blog address.

I think this happened to me before, and I think this is why: I think you're probably using Blogger, and you're doing your links by inserting raw html like this: This is a link

But it's not working, and the reason it's not working is that you're doing it in "Compose" mode. You need to click on the "Edit Html" tab when you're writing your post, and then it should work.

Alternatively, carry on working in "Compose" mode but every time you want to do a link, write the text for the link (e.g. "This is a link") then click on the little button which looks like a green blob with a black squiggle on top (It's to the right of the T with the palette), and it will ask you to enter the url. Job done. I hope.

 
At 12:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alternatively, just edit your links in "Edit Html" mode and remove the "www.blogzambique.blogspot.com/" which has somehow snuck its way into the beginning of your url!

 
At 12:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh bollocks, when I said (above) "Inserting html like this", I went and tried to show you an example, but of course then it was converted into an actual link.

What I meant was, like this (but substituting < and > for [ and ]):

[a href="http://www.mylink.com"]This is a link[/a]

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Clare, thank you so much for your helpfulness. Nice to know someone's reading too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home