Friday, September 22, 2006

Welcome to my world

It's been a slow week at work. So slow in fact that I've found time to launch a blog. Bear with me while I learn how to use it, will you?

Recent events of note in the Philips-Marques household:
Sebastian has had two mango flies. I have removed them. For the uninitiated, and I won't go into too much detail here, they are small larvae that grow in your skin and eventually, if you chose not to pop them out first, hatch into flies. They come around at this time of year, fortunately they don't stay for too long. No-one's favourite guest.
Joaquim has got into Bob Marley. He spent 2 weeks asking for the same CD of children's tunes every morning until I couldn't get them out of my head. Now he's moved on. A great improvement. Wonder if it's because I used to play him "Three little birds" in the womb.
Paulo is recovering from the mammoth task of importing 5 trucks and a small car into the country, via Maputo. A hideous blend of customs, paperwork and mechanical breakdowns. I would never have done it. He - brave man - is considering doing it again sometime.
Rebecca is recovering from 4 weeks on my own with the kids due to the above and an absolutely crippling sinus cold followed by breathtakingly painful tonsilitis. I went to bed at 7.30 last night, I think that helped.

That's all for now, if I'm successful in posting this I may feel encouraged to write some more soon.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 am, Blogger Marie said...

Welcome to the blogosphere sis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home