Monday, November 23, 2009

A weighty problem

The things you can learn on-line. I was checking on the progress of number three (almost 27 weeks) on one of those all-about-pregnancy sites, and discovered to my delight that over the next 9 weeks I'm really going to pile on the weight. That would be on top of the 10kg+ I've already gained then. Great. But despair not, tells me the site, as this is necessary for a healthy pregnancy and furthermore it will be distributed over various parts of my anatomy. The average breast, I am authoritatively told, weighs 7 ounces before pregnancy and can increase to 14 ounces by the end. Apart from the fact that I am delighted that my own frontage has recovered its pre-motherhood days of glory, however many ounces that is, I am intrigued as to how they weigh the "average breast". I once had a friend/colleague who was exceptionally well endowed. She told me that she and her boyfriend had tried various ways of weighing her breasts - from placing each individually on a kitchen scale, to floating them in water while she stood on a bathroom scale - but with no satisfactory result.

Any ideas, dear readers? Or perhaps you'd like to share your own experiences with the world?

(Sorry, did I promise you a proper post?)

2 Comments:

At 5:52 pm, Blogger pierre l said...

This post was looking lonesome without any comments, so I did a Google search and this was the first hit. I do not have much time for the Daily Mail, but the article seemed reasonable.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-492169/How-bowl-warm-water-help-buy-bra-fits-better.html
Congratulations on the pregnancy,and I hope everything is going well.

 
At 9:20 pm, Anonymous Tant Greta i Afrika said...

I put on 18.5 kg during my last pregnancy, and everything was gone after a couple of months. Breastfeeding takes between 700 and 1000 kcal per 24 hours. Just keep on breastfeeding as much as you can, that´s my advice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home